- Company: Strategic BCP®
- Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Job Pay Rate: DOE
- Travel Required: No
- Telecommuting: No
- Relocation Expenses: No
Strategic BCP is a full-service Business Continuity Risk Management company whose experts have been helping clients of all sizes in varying industries develop business continuity plans that facilitate the resumption of operations while protecting people, assets and technology during any crisis. The Company provides a wide array of Business Continuity and Risk Management services in addition to its award-winning software, ResilienceONE®.
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI/UX designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction. This includes business analysis and requirements gathering and documentation from all business stakeholders and internal/external clients, wire-framing, prototyping, and coordination of project development using agile methodology to deliver product to spec and on time. Someone who knows best practices, can document them, and insure all UI/UX design follows those detailed specifications.
Primary duties include:
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles.
- Analyze user experience problems and create design solutions that meet business goals.
- Analyze application and business domain data requirements and business rules, understanding the data flow from source to screen.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, and design intuitive applications to support them.
- Build Interactive Prototypes for the web applications
- Assume overall User Interface design of Web applications, incorporating usability, comprehensive work flows, applying standards, using various tools to create graphical interfaces for web based applications.
- Work directly with business stakeholders, clients, developers, and engineers to coordinate the building of applications to spec and on time.
- Stay abreast of UX trends, as well as corporate and industry standards looking for creative ideas
- 5+ years of UI/UX, graphic, and visual design in a corporate or agency context.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git (Github, Bitbucket), TFS.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Able to take feedback constructively and iterate on designs and ideas from multiple stakeholders with differing opinions.
- Understanding and experience in user-centered design process.
- Creative thinker who can effectively innovate big ideas and also work out all the details
- A passion for championing UX and innovation.
- Experience moving your designs throughout an agile development process.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders; i.e. technical developers, business leaders, and users.
- Portfolio showing your UI and UX skills is required.
DIRECT CANDIDATES ONLY. NOT ACCEPTING RESUMES FROM RECRUITERS.
Interested in Strategic BCP?
All resumes should be submitted in Word or PDF format with your last name as the filename.
If your qualifications meet our needs, a representative will contact you. Qualified candidates will be pre-screened and be required to go through a formal interview process.